Today, Whaea Stacey discussed with us Social Media and how we can stay safe online.

We discussed things like: not sharing private information and not adding people that we don’t know (and if we think we know them, sometimes we need to check!). We talked about why we should be 13 before we have these types of accounts.

We then got to make posters, using apps we know to explain dangers of Social Media. Here are some!

2 thoughts on “Social Media

1. Kia orana Room 3,
    I saw your blog and I absolutely agree with you. I love the way you guys want younger people to be safe and smart online. In health and PE we have been learning to be smart and safe online. Mrs Rose our PE teacher has taught us the 8 online rules. I find the the apps talking absolutely hilarious. By the way have you learned how to be safe and smart online and do you have any social media?

Meitaki Maata
    Fatima @ Glen Innes School

2. Kia ora Fatima,

Thank you for taking time to post on our blog. We have learnt how to be safe online as we know that we shouldn’t share private information, such as our address, phone number or full name to anyone that we don’t know. We also know that we should be kind to one another online, as cyber bullying is not cool. We know that we shouldn’t post inappropriate stuff. It’s great that your PE teacher is teaching about online safety too!

Room 3 @ Levin North School